— PROJECT NAME
Website refresh with a focus on addressing usability issues and updating the current site so that it feels modern and fresh.
Stakeholder Interviews, Survey, Heuristic Evaluation, Information Architecture, Brand Evaluation, and Design Concepts.
Engaged with the project team through a series of workshops to align key stakeholders before presenting design concepts for approvals.
Project team along with PM's and PO's were aligned every step of the Design Process and were able to provide feedback and approvals to move forward with a design concept.
- The ability to archive content
-Create and update content in an easy to manage publishing workflow
Responsive design (desktop, tablet, and especially mobile)
- Responsive design (desktop, tablet, and especially mobile)
- Need a more contemporary look and feel to appeal to the millennial age group
1. What are your device preferences?
2. How often do you visit the website?
3. When browsing on websites where does this typically take place?
4. What’s the most important information you are looking for?
5. Can you find the information they are looking for?
2. Less than once a month (32%)
3. At home (72.8%)
4. Interactive art exhibits (42%)
5. Moderately agree (34%)
Main Target Audiences
In a heuristic evaluation, usability experts review your site’s interface and compare it against accepted usability principles. The analysis results in a list of potential usability issues.
1. Visibility of system status (35%)
2. Match between system and the real world
2. Match between system and the real world (35%)
3. User control and freedom (55%)
4. Consistency and standards (30%)
5. Error prevention (35%)
6. Recognition rather than recall (45%)
7. Flexibility and efficiency of use (50%)
8. Aesthetic and minimalist design (35%)
9. Help users recognize, diagnose, and recover from errors (35%)
10. Help and documentation (0%)
1. The website contains a sizeable amount of content and has a menu that contains up to four levels of navigation.
This inherently poses certain usability issues that can make it challenging for users to find the right content in a timely manner.
2. Reduce, combine, archive or eliminate outdated content
+ Ask questions, then ask more questions
+ Collaborate and include your stakeholders in your process
+ Make sure the entire project team is aligned
+ Document everything that was discussed and agreed upon
+ Sign offs and get everything approved before continuing onto the next step
+ People forget, gently remind everyone why you’re here and what you’re trying to accomplish